[p4] Sharing client spec between users

johan.nilsson at esrange.ssc.se johan.nilsson at esrange.ssc.se
Thu Dec 6 00:13:44 PST 2001

Thanks for the hint. Is there a way to replace the view section in this way
_without_ requiring user intervention (not invoking the editor, just update
the view mappings)? Couldn't find _that_ specific option in the help.

> Check your release notes or "p4 help client" to see if your
> version of Perforce
> supports this. Older versions might not.
>
> I don't entirely agree with the folks who've said "never share client
> workspaces
> between users". It's possible, but best left for infrequent
> uses: the 1.0
> release
> that went out back in the Neolithic, that sits on
> sys$shareddisk:[perforceareas.10release]
> and that people map in as they work on the 1.0 patches. . . .

Now that would be a couple of poor b... but, yes, this might be applicable
for us - the application(s) aren't generally worked on many times a year
(but they are crucial).

// Johan