[p4] This mailing list

Karl Elvis MacRae kmac at apple.com
Thu Dec 6 12:50:01 PST 2001

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 12:41:23PM +0100, johan.nilsson at esrange.ssc.se spake thus:
> Hi,
>
> am I the only person finding it very annoying that the 'Reply-To' field in
> the mails delivered through this list isn't set to
> 'perforce-user at perforce.com'?

I find it annoying when mailing lists mess with "reply-to". As a list
manager on several lists, I have a strong, strong preference for
leaving "reply-to" alone.

When you mess with the "reply-to", to get extra list traffic ("Hi,
joe, how 'ya doing? "Me Too!", etc.), and remove the user's
ability to easily choose "to the list or the user - which makes more
sense?".

Leave "Reply-to" alone. It's a better way to run mailing lists.

-Karl

Karl Elvis MacRae    VLSI CAD    Apple Computer    kmac at apple.com