More info: RE: [p4] Problem migrating to Linux

Doug Palmer dpalmer at mahinetworks.com
Thu Dec 6 21:24:57 PST 2001

OK, I did some more checking, and it's not a filesystem limitation. I have a
2.5GB tar file of my depot and it fits just fine. The error happened when
db.have grew to 2147483647bytes, which is about 1.99999GB. That's why I
thought it might be a filesystem limit. Here's the error message, could I
just have a bad checkpoint file?

Recovering from checkpoint.359.gz...
Perforce server error:
        Journal file 'checkpoint.359.gz' replay failed at line 8697767!
        Database write error on db.have!
        dbput: db.have: Success
        Error allocating new node

Doug