More info: RE: [p4] Problem migrating to Linux

Todd Short tshort at cisco.com
Fri Dec 7 06:52:05 PST 2001

Which p4d are you using? There are at least 3 versions for x86 Linux:

Linux 2.0.30 Intel x86 (Red Hat 4.2):
Linux with libc 5.3.12
gcc 2.7.2.1
P4 2001.1/24277
P4Web 2001.1/25842
P4D 2001.1/26850

Linux 2.0.36 Intel x86 (Red Hat 5.2):
Red Hat 6.0
Red Hat 7.0 users Read this
(http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHBA-2000-079.html)
Linux with glibc 2.0.7-29
gcc 2.7.2.3
P4 2001.1/23985
P4Web 2001.1/25842
P4D 2001.1/26850

Linux 2.4.0 Intel x86 (SuSE Linux 7.1)
(supports large db files)
Linux with glibc 2.2-7
gcc 2.95.2
P4 2001.1/24277
P4Web 2001.1/25842
P4D 2001.1/26850

This last one is the one I assume you want. I just tried, and I can run that
version under linux 7.1 (2.4.2-2 kernel).
--
-Todd Short
//tshort at cisco.com
//"One if my land, two if by sea, three if by the Internet."