[p4] This mailing list

Steve Bennett bennett at jmisoftware.com
Mon Dec 10 12:10:48 PST 2001

on 12/10/01 1:44 PM, Dave Lewis at dlewis at vignette.com wrote:
> its not a religious thing with me, but this has been my experience. I reply,
> and
> it goes to the sender and to the list.  Others do the same, and I get multiple
> msgs
> until the thread dies out...

Hmmn...  I guess my aversion to this comes from my early exposure to mailing
lists (and non-Internet variations in the 80s), where it was considered
extremely bad form to clutter up someone's mailbox with duplicates sent to
both the list and the individual.

FWIW, this is the only list of over 10 I currently subscribe to which does
*not* have it's address in the Reply-To field, and I've never seen
complaints about the Reply-To field, or a higher noise ratio in any of those
other lists.

-->Steve Bennett