AW: [p4] Question on Jobs and changelists

Graf, Christian GrafC at infor.de
Thu Dec 13 00:05:35 PST 2001

Hello

1.) Jobs is a very helpful instrument as interface to bugtracking or
creating release-notes.

2.) A job must not be closed by submit -  this is just the default setting:
	Working with p4win e.g. you may set the status in the
changelist-dialogue before submit. (Though closed is default.)

3.)  JobStatus field on 'p4 change', 'p4 submit'
     'p4 change' and 'p4 submit' forms have a 'JobStatus' field not
     normally displayed.  This field sets the fix status for all jobs,
     rather than using the default 'closed'.  The fix status can be
     set per-job with undoc 'p4 change -s' and 'p4 submit -s' (q.v.).

	You'll find this & some more information on typing 'p4 help undoc'.
	See also: p4 admin doc & p4guide. Both you will find at p4's
website.

4.) You may reopen a job - which you cannot do with a changelist.

5.) You may customize jobfields. (see the p4 docs for further information)

6.) You may use job-triggers looking for information in the jobfields and
decide depending on the result wether a submit is valid or not or what to do
with the state of a reported bug in your defect-tracking system.

Best regards

Christian Graf

infor:
business solutions AG
Vincenz-Prießnitz-Straße 3
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 0 721. 66 34-0
Tel.: +49 (0) 0 721. 66 34-200
mailto:GrafC at infor.de
http://www.infor.de

Vorstandssprecher: Hubert Becker, Prof. Dr. Joachim Hertel - Vorstand:
Andreas Reinicke, Ludwig Augustin
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Werner Huttner
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Friedrichsthal/Saar. Handelsregister: Amtsgericht
Saarbrücken. HRB 11470