[p4] Question on Jobs and changelists

Sascha Woyde sascha.woyde at gaussvip.com
Fri Dec 14 03:07:37 PST 2001

Hi,

Eric Dew wrote:

 > It should not be the case that once a changelist is submitted a job is
 > closed.  In fact, even
 > in the many-to-many case, a job is not closed until the QA people have
 > blessed that
 > the changes did what was intended to do.
 >
 > EDEW

I think this (verifying) should better be handled in the bug tracking tool.
P4DTI allows you to map the closed state of a perforce job to a distinct
state in the bug trackers model. Regarding bugzilla, a bug may have the
States
NEW -> RESOLVED -> VERIFYIED -> CLOSED
Out of the box the Bugzilla P4DTI is configured in a way, that bugs that
correspond to "closed" Perforce jobs, are propagated to Bugzillas
RESOLVED state.

This works fine, at least for us.

Sascha

--