[p4] Changelist and affected files report

Jeffrey Rees jrees at ati.com
Fri Dec 14 07:32:29 PST 2001

Hi all;
	I'm fairly new to this Perforce stuff and need to generate a report
that lists all the changelists between two dates, their descriptions, and a
list of affected files.

	p4 changes //files/... at date, at date gives me what I want except for
the list of the affected files.

	p4 files //files/... at date, at date gives a list of all the files that
have changed, but only shows the latest revision, so I can't always match a
changelist to a file.

	My thought is to write a script that will run p4 changes, grab the
changelist numbers from there, run p4 describe on each changelist, grab the
description and list of affected files from that, and put it all together in
a file.

	Am I close?  Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Jeff Rees