[p4] Changelist and affected files report

Matthew Rice matt at starnix.com
Fri Dec 14 08:28:41 PST 2001

Jeffrey Rees <jrees at ati.com> writes:
> 	p4 changes //files/... at date, at date gives me what I want except for
> the list of the affected files.

If you do this, use the '-s submitted' option so that you don't get pending
changes.

> 	My thought is to write a script that will run p4 changes, grab the
> changelist numbers from there, run p4 describe on each changelist, grab the
> description and list of affected files from that, and put it all together in
> a file.
>
> 	Am I close?  Is there a better way to do this?

That's pretty much it.  Just remember to use the '-s' option on 'p4 describe'.
Unless you want the file diffs as well.

Regards,
--
matthew rice <matt at starnix.com>                               starnix inc.
tollfree: 1-87-pro-linux                        thornhill, ontario, canada