[p4] Changelist and affected files report

wivey at us.itmasters.com wivey at us.itmasters.com
Fri Dec 14 08:40:24 PST 2001

> Hi all;
>                I'm fairly new to this Perforce stuff and need to
generate a report
> that lists all the changelists between two dates, their descriptions,
and a
> list of affected files.

Here's part of a bourne shell script that I use. The argument is a file
pattern
(//... for all files). DateSpec contains a string that looks like:
"@<FromDate>,@<ToDate>"

ProcessOne () # ( filepattern )
{
        ChangeList=`p4 changes -i -s submitted $1$DateSpec | awk '{print
$2}'`
        for Chng in $ChangeList
        do
                p4 describe -s "$Chng" >> "$OutFile"
        done
}

It's not perfect or really fast, but it may be a starting point for
you.-Wm