[p4] How can I tell which machine a p4d process is talking to?

Karl Elvis MacRae kmac at apple.com
Mon Dec 17 14:57:17 PST 2001

Once in a while I have a user do something disruptive like
delete a depot in the middle of the day (which seems to hang
perforce until the delete completes). I see, on my Solaris perforce server,
the p4d processes backing up while waiting for the server to respond.

But I can't tell, when this is happening, what host the hang is coming from.
So I can't tell who's issued a p4 depot -d (or whatever the command was).

Is there any way to identify which process is talking to which host?

If I can identify which host, I can track it to a user running a command
that may be hanging things up.

-Karl

Karl Elvis MacRae    VLSI CAD    Apple Computer    kmac at apple.com
408-974-0847 (voice) 408-313-5741 (cell)