[p4] How can I restrict depot creation/deletion

Karl Elvis MacRae kmac at apple.com
Mon Dec 17 15:09:13 PST 2001

Is there any way, other then a wrapper, that I can restrict
who can create/delete a depot?

I have two problems - one, that users think each new part of each new
project needs it's own depot, so are creating them at a truly absurd
rate, and two, this leads to users then trying to delete depots, which
makes the server hang until the depot deletion completes.

I need to remove the ability to create or delete a depot so that I can
get a corral around my users.

Any way to do that? Or am I going to have to do-it-myself
with a wrapper?

-Karl

Karl Elvis MacRae    VLSI CAD    Apple Computer    kmac at apple.com
408-974-0847 (voice) 408-313-5741 (cell)