[p4] How can I tell which machine a p4d process is talking to?

Dave Foglesong dfogleso at adobe.com
Mon Dec 17 15:22:05 PST 2001

The only way to audit user commands is to run with the server debug flag
(-v). This will send output to the file sepecified with the log (-L) flag.

-v1 will give you information about what user, client, IP issued the
command, and the PID for the process.
If you're running 2001.1, use -v2 instead, since that will give you when the
completed, which can sometimes be useful information.
There are varying levels of verbosity to the debug output, but rarely will
you need anything higher than -v2.

Once you see a child process that is eating up CPU/RAM, you can tail the log
file and find the PID to identify the user/command that is the cause.

Dave Foglesong
Adobe Systems
206-675-7412