[p4] Open Source Projects Using Perforce

Barrie Slaymaker barries at slaysys.com
Tue Dec 18 08:18:15 PST 2001

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 02:10:14PM -0000, Robert Cowham wrote:
> Jim Ray <jray at jabber.com> asked:
> >
> > Does anyone know of any OS projects that are using Perforce? Other than
> > the ones that are in the Perforce Public Depot.
> >
> Perl porters have an Open source licence for maintaining Perl.

I think ActiveState has the license, and there are a number of
committers.  It's up well over 13,000 change numbers and quite a few
very large branches.  They (perl5-porters) use branching quite a bit to
support different "experimental" branches in addition to the typical
branch at each release.

I personally have an open source perforce license for some of my open
source projects as well.  The only (minor) problem is getting cvsophiles
to deal with it.

- Barrie