[p4] remote depots

Hutchinson, Karen khutchinson at rsasecurity.com
Wed Dec 26 12:34:30 PST 2001

Hi!
I was wondering if there was any experience out there with remote depots.
My company
is new to Perforce.  We have a joint development effort between Boston, NY,
and San Francisco.
We would like to use remote depots in Boston and San Francisco and have NY
be a client
into the San Francisco office.  We are not comfortable using one Perforce
server as it is a
single point of failure and consistent network connectivity is an issue.

Any experience that you have had using remote depots would be helpful.  The
Boston development
center uses ClearCase we are also evaluating Multisite for this joint
development effort.  Any
experience comparing the two solutions would be helpful.

Thanks!
Karen Hutchinson
Manager, Release Engineering
RSA Security, Inc.

This e-mail, its content and any files transmitted with it are intended
solely for the addressee(s) and are PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  Access by any other party is unauthorized without the express
prior written permission of the sender.  If
you have received this e-mail in error you may not copy, disclose to any
third party or use the contents, attachments or
information in any way, Please delete all copies of the e-mail and the
attachment(s), if any and notify the sender.
Thank You.