[p4] Triggers

Christopher Hahn christopher.hahn at peregrine.com
Thu Oct 25 17:32:55 PDT 2001

Hello,

I have read the triggers documentation, and
understand how I can allow the submission to
succeed or fail via the triggers return code.

...but I wanted to confirm how I might add to the
message that pops-up for the user upon submission
failure.

I could swear that I have seen this done, but it
does not appear that either the triggers stdout
nor it's stderr are grabbed by perforce, for display.

(Or maybe my test failed ;-)

Well, I am really looking for more discussion on
triggers.  Has anyone created a wiz-bang trigger,
in Perl, that is publicly available for study?

TIA for your kind attention,

Christopher

--
In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by
drop upon the heart until, in our own despair, against
Christopher Hahn: chahn at peregrine.com