[p4] Q: Restricting users from creating Jobs

Albrecht, Matt matt.albrecht at zilliant.com
Thu Oct 4 13:03:42 PDT 2001

Greetings.  Our shop has just moved over to Perforce from PVCS, and from
PVCS Tracker to Bugzilla.

I'm using the P4DTI-Replicator for Bugzilla, and the documentation says that
recognition of a new Job/Bug is a one-way path: new Jobs in Perforce are not
moved over to Bugzilla.

Since our development process has us track all of our development through
the issue tracking software, we don't want the users to either deliberately
or accidentally create jobs.  Triggers don't seem to be able to handle job
creation, and p4 protect won't prevent jobs from being created as long as
they have write access (which, needless to say, is a necessity).

Any ideas?  Thanks!

-Matt Albrecht
SQA Engineer
Zilliant, Inc