[p4] newbie question

Stephen Vance steve at vance.com
Fri Oct 5 10:00:50 PDT 2001

At 08:56 AM 10/5/2001 -0700, James Ralphit wrote:
>Ok, please don't let yourself get annoyed by the stupidness of the question:
>Where can I find p4 client libs exactly?
>I have this new application I want to try out, and it requires that I install
>the client libs first.  I'm new to linux as well as perforce.
>Thanks in advance.

Most Perforce applications are statically linked and don't have any libs
outside of the executables themselves.  One exception to this is the SCC
DLLs.  If you install Perforce in the client configuration (I'm assuming
you're talking about Windows here), the DLLs will be in the Perforce
install directory.

The other thing I think you may be talking about is the p4api.  You can get
this through the Perforce ftp site under the version and machine
architecture you desire.  That won't do you any good, though, unless you
are compiling an application that links against it.

Stephen Vance
mailto:steve at vance.com
http://www.vance.com/