[p4] Q: Restricting users from creating Jobs

Kate Ebneter kebneter at allegronetworks.com
Fri Oct 5 14:33:20 PDT 2001

I find that whupping offenders upside the head with a club helps
considerably...

Seriously, we use the same system (P4 + Bugzilla) and, after I told people
not to create jobs in Perforce, it hasn't been a problem. Most of them don't
know _how_ to create jobs in Perforce, since it would require that they Read
a Manual. So, even though it's theoretically possible for them to do so, in
practice, it has never occurred.

Kate Ebneter
SCM Manager
Allegro Networks, Inc.