[p4] Perforce and Visual SourceSafe

David Bowman dbowman at nemetschek.net
Fri Oct 12 11:27:29 PDT 2001

We run two P4 services and four VSS databases on the same server without any
problems. VSS is just a file based system, there is no server component. It
just runs over the file sharing services of the server.

As others have said, there can be some client problems with VSS taking over
VC++ integration. But re-installing the P4 client fixes this (assuming you
want P4 to be the default, not VSS).

- David Bowman, dbowman at nemetschek.net
  Platforms Manager, Nemetschek North America