[p4] p4d -jj

Doug Palmer dpalmer at mahinetworks.com
Mon Oct 15 12:47:42 PDT 2001

I'm keen to try the -jj option, but I thought I'd check here for gotchas
first.
I run p4 admin checkpoint every day at 3:00a. It now takes nearly two hours,
which of course isn't very good for my uptime stats.
I think what I want is to change the daily checkpoint to some other
schedule, perhaps 1/week, and use the "Journal-only; save and truncate
journal without checkpointing" option every day. This brings a few new steps
to my recovery plan: Restore from checkpoint, restore from ALL journals
newer than that checkpoint.
Have I forgotten anything important?

Doug Palmer
MTS, Software Configuration Management