[p4] p4d -jj

Eric Dew ericd at resilience.com
Mon Oct 15 14:15:06 PDT 2001

Unless your depot is tremendously huge, and you've got hundreds of
developers doing all sorts
of check-ins/checkouts/whatevers, having checkpoint take up to two hours
indicate that you
should get a faster server.

At a previous company, we used to run our p4d on a WinNT machine.
 Checkpointing took
hours.  We then moved the stuff to a Sun machine (don't recall the
model) and checkpointing
dropped down to about 10 minutes.

<Blatant shill for present company>  If you want a really rock-solid
machine to run your perforce
server, something that isn't going to go down whatsoever, take a look at
www.resilience.com.
</Blatant shill for present company>

EDEW
Release Engineer