[p4] Q: Restricting users from creating Jobs

Albrecht, Matt matt.albrecht at zilliant.com
Tue Oct 16 11:03:54 PDT 2001

Yes, but those are placed in the comments section of the job. Our users
primarily use P4win to do their Perforce work, which means that they don't
see that comment unless they explicitly push the "Form Info" button, and
considering the novice level of our users, they won't.

To work around this, I added another field to the Jobspec:

Fields:
	220 Notice text 64 once

Presets:
	Notice "DO NOT CREATE NEW JOBS IN PERFORCE UNDER PAIN OF DEATH. USE
BUGZILLA."

Comments:
	# Notice: A notice to P4Win users, refreshing their memory not to
create new P4Jobs. DO NOT MODIFY.