[p4] Split part of perforce depot to a new server

Dave Lewis dlewis at vignette.com
Tue Oct 16 17:52:37 PDT 2001

it may be that the obliterate could be done more easily/quickly than
you think. When I do them it takes about as long as a checkpoint.
Create a client which has all files you want to obliterate, then
do the p4 obliterate -y ... in that client.  This makes just one
pass thru the metadata. doing a checkpoint and restore beforehand
will compact the metadata and make things run faster too. Our db.have
is about 5 gig, and an oblit takes about 45 minutes.

dave