[p4] Branching in one direction only?

Dave Foglesong dfogleso at adobe.com
Wed Oct 17 12:09:01 PDT 2001

Also, see "p4 help undoc" for this section:

   Protections =read, =branch, =open, =write
       In addition to the normal protection levels (list, read, write,
       open, super, and review) there are four protection rights
       available in the 'p4 protect' table.  Unlike the levels, these
       '=rights' only include the specific right and not all the lesser
       rights.  This makes it possible to deny individual rights without
       having to then re-grant lesser rights.

       Additionally, there is a new right =branch (normally included
       by level 'read' and above) that permits the files to be used as
       the source for 'p4 integrate'.  You can prevent files from being
       branched by denying the =branch right.

This is present in at least 2000.2, and possibly earlier.

Dave Foglesong
Adobe Systems
206-675-7412