[p4] Triggers not working for me.

Robert Cowham robert at vaccaperna.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 02:00:23 PDT 2001

Triggers not working for me.Joseph

For a trigger to "work" it needs to exit with non zero status (and
preferably put some text to standard out). Your echo is exiting with zero
status so the trigger doesn't "fire" or have any effect on the submit. Try
the following:

robert:/usr/home/robert/temp$ p4 triggers -o
#
# See 'p4 help triggers' for more information about triggers.

Triggers:
        something //... "/bin/echo 'hello world'; /bin/badcommand"

Then when I do a submit:

sh: /bin/badcommand: No such file or directory
Change 2 created with 2 open file(s).
Submitting change 2.
Locking 2 files ...
Submit validation failed -- fix problems then use 'p4 submit -c 2'.
Submit check 'something' failed: hello world

/bin/badcommand is a non existent command which produces a non zero error.

Robert