[p4] hints for a demo installation

eschner eschner at sic-consult.de
Thu Oct 18 08:32:54 PDT 2001

Hello,

I'd like to set up a p4 demo installation with real life data, i.e. a
multiplatform client/server application. At the moment I do not feel very
comfortable with the requirement to keep two workspaces on different
machines synchronized - in order to check compilability and to test.
Of course, I could have our developers check in their current modifications,
synchronize, build and run, but I don't like that approach very much.
Are there "best practices" for such a situation? "Better practices" will do
also...

Thanks in advance, Thomas Eschner.