[p4] AS/400 integration

Tony Goodwin danielgoodwin at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 10:58:43 PDT 2001

I'm looking at any user experiences with using
perforce client on AS/400
I am running p4 server on NT box and using it from
both NT and Win2000 clients
I have installed client on AS/400 (V4R5M0)

I have been able to get system to work OK for files on
IFS (after checking /tmp directory
permissions)

However I cannot get it to work for files on OS/400
file system,
I want to be able to maintain my source physical file
members (DDS/RPG/RPGLE) within perforce
p4 add works OK
However on p4 submit I get problem (operation not
supported)
The problem appears to be related to the fact that the
qsh chmod command returns this error
and perforce stops the process
I have tried aliasing chmod to echo but the p4 command
appears to ignore any aliases
I have also set client to allwrite (leave all client
files as writeable - which is acceptable) but have
same problem

Any solutions/other experiences welcome

Thanks
Tony