[p4] Branching and ClientSpecs

wivey at us.itmasters.com wivey at us.itmasters.com
Fri Oct 19 07:40:18 PDT 2001

> ...or should I've thought of this earlier and made it like this...
>
> +Projects
>   +Product
>     +Head
>       +PModule1
>       +PModule2
>     +V1.0
>       +PModule1
>       +PModule2

As has been pointed out, it's not too late to change. One advantage
of doing it this way is that you can create an all-version client
mapping very easily:

//Projects/Product/*/... //<client>/Product/*/...

Now you can work on any version without changing your client, or
changing clients. (This assumes that you've arranged things in
your source to be flexible about where they live. All of my build
scripts, for example, sense their location and map everything
accordingly.)-Wm