[p4] [Newbie Question] Evaluating Perforce

divya at cig.mot.com divya at cig.mot.com
Fri Oct 19 10:02:49 PDT 2001

Hi all,

Please excuse the real basic nature of these questions, but I
was unable to grok the user guides for answers to this issue.

I want to evaluate Perforce for smaller groups of mobile users
and a typical setup would consist of a central Windows 2000 Server
machine hosting the depot and users connecting to this depot
over the LAN or via Dialup to co and ci files. The users do
most of their work on thir laptops in a disconnected mode.

How can this be set up? Do I need to get a demo license to set this
up on a trial basis? The quickstart user guides seem to assume that
the client and server are on the same host.

Any ideas and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Divya Sundaram ----------------------------- CONDITUR IN PETRA
We don't need more strength, or greater opportunity. What we
need is to use what we have.                  - BASIL S. WALSH
--------- Motorola OneIT -- Enabling the Enterprise ----------