[p4] 'user -f username' with standard input?

Richard Gould RGould at ACDSystems.com
Fri Oct 19 11:51:28 PDT 2001

Hi everyone,

I'm writing a Java/JSP Interface to the Perforce command line client.
Right now I'm working with the ability to change user descriptions.
The interface runs under the superuser account.

I need to be able to submit the forms of other users via standard input,
similar to using 'p4 user -f username' but with standard input reading
the form and not using the editor.

Look at the description of the user command at:
http://www.perforce.com/perforce/doc.011/manuals/cmdref/user.html#1040665

It appears that this is not possible, as there is no way to specify the -i
option
with a user argument.

Does anyone know any way I could achieve this?
Perhaps I have missed something while digging through documenation.

Thanks for any help!

Richard Gould
Software Development Assistant
ACD Systems Ltd.
The Digital Imaging Company
rgould at acdsystems.com
www.ACDSYSTEMS.com

Subscribe to one of our FREE ACD Digital Imaging Newsletters:
http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Community/Newsletters/index.htm

Come meet the ACD Systems Team!

VarVision, Marriott Desert Springs Resort, October 21-23
DigitalFocus 2001, The Mirage, Las Vegas, November 11
Comdex Fall 2001, Las Vegas Convention Center, Nevada, November 12-16, Booth
L7651
PMA 2002, Orlando, Florida, February 24-27, 2002, Booth 1985
CeBIT 2002, Hannover, Germany, March 13-20, 2002, Hall 002,  A14