[p4] Editing Projects files

Chuck Karish karish at well.com
Sat Oct 20 09:19:35 PDT 2001

>At 02:38 PM 10/17/2001 +1100, Shahram Besharati wrote:
>>1 -  For editing files that are in a Client Workspace and at the same time being able to get a report on the changes made, do I have to go through Perforce?  How would Perforce notify a client if changes have been made to the client workspace files without going through Perforce?

Some sites run a review daemon, a process that periodically queries the Perforce
server about new changes and sends e-mail to users.  The user can subscribe to
hear about particular parts of the code tree by setting up a view with the 'p4 user'
command.

Chuck Karish            karish at well.com           (415) 317-0182