[p4] Use "workspace" instead of "client"

Frank Merrow fmerrow at qualcomm.com
Mon Oct 22 14:42:30 PDT 2001

>Client is kind of confusion for the beginners. They tend to correlate it
>with their p4 accounts.  Workspace sounds much better.

The number one problem I have with EXPERIENCED users is trying to reuse
their client specs across multiple machines.

I'd almost like to call them something like DISKSPEC or WORKDISK or
something to really nail down that these definitions are nailed directly to
the hard drive.

To think of them any other way is to invite problems.

So if you wanted to change the name, I really have no direct comment other
than it would be nice if this relationship could be stressed in the new name.

Frank