[p4] Client for many users

Yariv Sheizaf yariv at Globecom-Interactive.com
Tue Oct 23 00:02:57 PDT 2001

Gilad,

The trivial solution is to create another clients on this machine, one per
user (login).
If you must work with just one common login, you have another options:

1. Create a client per person, all owned by the common login.

    Example:
                common_user at gilad
                common_user at yiftah
                common_user at bat_yiftach

        (do not forget to locate the workspaces in different directories, to
prevent mismatches).

2. Attach a job to every changelist. In the jobspec, create a field with
that should be filled
    with the real user name.
    To verify that the job-attachment will be done, you can create a
pre-submit trigger that check if the user name field
    is filled.

Yariv