[p4] terminology: "yours" and "theirs" in resolve

Bert Lindgren bert.x.lindgren at net-hopper.com
Tue Oct 23 01:43:28 PDT 2001

My problems with yours/theirs is not terminology but more that perforce does not tell you what they are at the point of resolution. Instead, I find myself editing or diff'ing yours or theirs in some desperate attempt to determine which is which.

In other words, anything is fine -- A/B, X/Y (or even Yours/Theirs) -- as long as the current definitions are clearly defined during resolution.

Finally, the 'definition' I ask for could take the following forms
    //depot/proj/dev/file.x#5
    ... head/date/label/etc
    //depot/proj/dev/file.x#5 with changes #5438,#5487 applied (for "submission-targeted" integrations)

While you're at it, what about defining 'base' in these terms as well?!?

Thanks,
  Bert