[p4] terminology: "yours" and "theirs" in resolve

wivey at us.itmasters.com wivey at us.itmasters.com
Tue Oct 23 07:00:12 PDT 2001

> For me, a much bigger terminolgy problem is with "yours" and
> "theirs" when resolving. Is "yours" always the workspace file,
> or is it always the target file, or is it never always either?
>
> ...RickM...

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Since most of my resolves involve
branching, I have
a 3x5 card on my wall that says: "Source = Theirs, Target = Yours"

I have to ignore that when it comes time to submit a file that's been
changed by someone
else. (I understand how the terminology applies, but I still can't keep it
straight without a
bit of thought.) -Wm