[p4] Use "workspace" instead of "client"

Chris Patti cpatti at atg.com
Tue Oct 23 07:25:39 PDT 2001

At 08:10 PM 10/22/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>At 05:24 PM 10/22/2001 -0400, Chris Patti wrote:
>>I really like "sandbox" too FWIW.
>>
>>It denotes exactly what the thing does, and is a term not used by
>>anything else already.
>
>Actually, MKS Source Integrity uses this term for the equivalent concept.

Right, as do some other vendors I think.

However they all use it to mean essentially the same thing, and that's what
I was referring to.

'client' can mean anything from the Perforce entity that holds your views,
sandbox root etc to a customer to the UI end of a c/s app to...

'sandbox' means pretty much only one thing across the board (In high tech
that is, of course the traditional meaning having to do with kids and sand
still applies :)

-Chris