[p4] Use "workspace" instead of "client"

Chris Patti cpatti at atg.com
Tue Oct 23 08:28:27 PDT 2001

At 05:24 PM 10/23/2001 +0200, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
>Chris Patti <cpatti at atg.com>
> > I have never, ever encountered the term 'sandbox' being used as anything
> > other than the local directory/area where developers work on files that
> are
> > checked in/out from source control.
> >
> > If you can find an instance of someone using it otherwise, I'd be pleased
> > to see it.
>
>The universe to which a java program may write?
>
>--Arnt

I meant in a source code control context.

The gentleman was saying that he's seen 'sandbox' refer to both sections of
the depot and sections of the disk.

I'm saying I haven't seen that usage.

I don't see the Java VM 'sandbox' context and the SCM sandbox context as
intersecting even remotely enough to be confusing.

-Chris