[p4] Client for many users

Eric Dew ericd at resilience.com
Tue Oct 23 10:25:17 PDT 2001

I've actually asked perforce about this, because I have several machines
used to do builds
and we want the same person ("root") doing the builds.  You can do the
below, but be
aware if you get close to the line of breaking the "spirit" of the
per-user license.

Theoretically, it's possible to buy perforce with a single-user license.
 Just have that one
user create multiple clients on different machines (with different views
and such).  Call
that one user, "our_developer" or some generic name like that.  People
just need to put
"P4USER=our_developer" in their environment variables and voila.  But
that would
definitely be not kosher.

EDEW