[p4] terminology: "yours" and "theirs" in resolve

Robert Cowham robert at vaccaperna.co.uk
Tue Oct 23 10:49:48 PDT 2001

Good suggestion.

However it highlights the problem of using resolve in 2 ways: multiple edits
on a file, propagating changes between branches.

Target/source are not quite so meaningful in the multiple edit conflict
situation. That said, you could word it as "you are merging someone else's
changes into your file in your workspace, so target=workspace file in this
instance, and source is the latest file in the depot (usually)".

Robert