[p4] Versioning Client Specs

Fredrik Lundkvist fredrik.l at propellerheads.se
Wed Oct 24 02:58:41 PDT 2001

We don't use complicated client specs anymore.
All parts (third party stuff, files or libraries
from other projects) that we used to specify
in the client spec we now branch into the project
code line in the depot.

This gives us a simple one line client mapping
and full version control. It makes it very
simple to label and later retrieve all the files
used in one project at any time.

These branches are just a one way distributiion
of components into a project. We never do any changes
there that we must integrate back.

Fredrik Lundkvist
Propellerheads