[p4] DevTrack and Perforce

Jeremy Russell jrussel at reshape.com
Thu Oct 25 09:59:14 PDT 2001

I know that Perforce is working on P4SQL to use for queries against the
databases.  They did demos of it at the User's Conference.  They said
something about using the query language with Crystal Reports.  So...the
reporting mechanism is getting there.

I am looking at Sesame's ExtraView as a tool and it looks very cool,
especially since their API to the tool is Perl based.  It is also
multiplatform, has a command line and is easy to integrate with Perforce.
They claim to have a Perforce integration, but I do consider what they have
to be an integration.  I am hoping to push them to a more complete
integration.

Jeremy Russell
Release Engineer
ReShape, Inc.