[p4] Triggers

Mike Castle mcastle at yy.com
Thu Oct 25 18:26:26 PDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 05:32:55PM -0700, Christopher Hahn wrote:
> I could swear that I have seen this done, but it
> does not appear that either the triggers stdout
> nor it's stderr are grabbed by perforce, for display.

Are you sure your script is being ran?  Put a date > /tmp/foo or something
like that in the script to verify it's being ran.

Then do a simple one like:

fail.sh
#!/bin/sh
set
exit 1

or

fail.cmd (for win32)
set
echo.0|find "1"

One thing I had to remember to do was to make sure that different types of
triggers have different names.

If I have something like

foo //tree/branch/... "my.cmd %client%"
foo //tree/branch2/... "my2.cmd %client%"

That my.cmd was going to be ran in both cases.  Are you sure that's not
your problem?

mrc