[p4] Accessing perforce public depot from behind a firewall

Chris Forman ChrisF at csl.com
Fri Oct 26 04:17:05 PDT 2001

Hi,

I would like to be able to access the public perforce depot
(public.perforce.com:1666), but I'm sitting behind a firewall that won't let
me out (I can't even ping external sites).  Web browsing and mail goes
through a proxy server - so is there any way I can tell p4win (or even p4
command line) to go through the proxy server as well?

We're looking at the problem from our end to see if there's a way we can let
p4win (or p4) though - but I'm not holding out much hope.

Chris Forman
RealiMation Development
Criterion Software Ltd.
Tel: +44 (0)1332 680300