[p4] Accessing perforce public depot from behind a firewall

Lee Marzke lmarzke at adelphia.net
Sun Oct 28 19:27:25 PST 2001

If your network admin won't permit this,  but if you can telnet to your own
personal
ISP account, the you can try this.

Just install and run p4web at your ISP on port 8080.  Most firewalls
don't block this, and you can often browse the output of p4web easliy
at your work location.  Make sure you shut down p4web when done
as your ISP may not want background processes running.

Any files synced, however, will be at your ISP and you'll have to use ftp
to get them.

Lee Marzke
Perforce Consulting Partner