[p4] protect and where

Mike Castle mcastle at yy.com
Mon Oct 29 09:37:22 PST 2001

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 09:46:34AM -0700, Chuck Karish wrote:
> This isn't documented in either doc set (p4 help, Command Reference).
> File a bug against the docs and fix your scripts; a user could break them
> by changing a client spec.

How could changing a client spec affect this?

The whole purpose of running the p4 where in the build script is to find
out where something is mapped into the file system.

Up until now, I've never seen p4 where return more than one line though.

And besides, they're not allowed to change client specs.  And if they do,
they're unsupported at that point.  (I hated being so draconian, but the
engineers brought this upon themselves by insisting on using broken tools
that only work with hardcoded paths.)

mrc