[p4] Changing diff programs by extension

Gil Tayar Gil.Tayar at webcollage.com
Tue Oct 30 22:20:34 PST 2001

Does anybody know how I can use different comparison programs by extension
in p4win?

I've written a small script (WSH in windows) that compares 2 word documents
using words built in "compare". Now I want p4win to compare word documents
using this script, and all the others using a default differ (BeyondCompare
is what we use).

Writing a wrapper script that checks extensions and acts accordingly does
not work, as the files sent by perforce as arguments to the diff program
oftentimes end by ".tmp" (for example, when diffing two revisions in the
revision history).

Gil Tayar
WebCollage