[p4] Changing diff programs by extension

Robert Cowham robert at vaccaperna.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 07:09:48 PST 2001

Gil

Unfortunately I can't give you a direct answer to your question, as I am not
aware of any p4win options to do what you ask.

I suggest you email support and ask them for it (or add your weight to other
requesters).

Can I also take the opportunity of adding the following!

If you haven't found it already, you may be interested in P4Word which is
freely available on www.vaccaperna.co.uk/p4word which integrates MS Word and
Perforce including diffing in a similar manner to what you do now.

There is shortly going to be a version (provisionally entitled P4ForOffice)
which will integrate with Excel and PowerPoint (though not with diffing for
these two). This will be available directly from Perforce, scheduled to go
into the next release early next year.

Robert