[p4] Re: Help with integration

steve at vance.com steve at vance.com
Wed Jun 2 10:20:03 PDT 2004

The client workspace you are performing the integration in must map back to
the mainline.  The file in question must exist in the top level directory of
the branch (i.e. directly in branch_directory) or not yet exist.  If this
file was involved in a rename, you need to use the mainline name for the
file and the branch revision for its correlate.

Personally, I prefer to use the -s flag so that you're not combining the
to-filename and the from-revision in one revision spec.  To do this you
would use the command

p4 integ -c 426 -b drop4 -r -s 'filename#2'

where filename is the name of the branched file.

Steve