[p4] Faking a sync.

Ken Rentz ken.rentz at nobeltec.com
Thu Jun 3 15:53:44 PDT 2004

Is there any way to tell Perforce that a particular clientspec is actually
up to date without it downloading all of the files itself?

I will occasionally work on small jobs at home.  Since I have a dialup
connection, and our depots are rather large, it is faster for me to copy the
files onto a thumbdrive, take them home with me, and then copy them onto my
home system.

If I tell Perforce to use the same clientspec on both machines, everything
work out OK, but I have to be sure bring all of the modified files with me
when I go back to work, or things get fairly messed up.  What would be nice
would be to have a different clientspec at home, yet when I copy the files
over, convince it that everything is synced up.  Is this possible, or am I
trying to go outside the system too much?